I've always been the type of gal to make sure my loved ones were taken care of. Now that you're in full wedding mode, I'm sure your bridal tribe is right next to you, ready to help you in any way possible. Want to treat your beauties to a little something special? Well, I have just the ticket! Print my FREE mini drink labels (mini champagne, mini alcohol, or mini softdrink) now on the blog!Read More
Rita Alexis Design blog's mission is to share knowledge for design + paper through super informative and beautifully curated posts. I hope to share my love for wedding stationery and design theory with anyone and everyone interested in the world of design!
Filtering by Tag: printable
As much as the large details of wedding planning can be utterly consuming, the small details are what really make a wedding sparkle. And with your time being limited as it is, I've gone ahead and designed a sweet Mr. and Mrs. sign for you brides-to-be.Read More
red, white, blue heart emojis). Happy Fourth of July, friends! For those of you firing up the grill, baking some yummy cupcakes, and drinking some ice cold beverages, I have some fun printables for you on the blog to print out for the weekend! Check them out now! www.ritaalexisdesign.com/blog #fourthofjulyRead More
I have always looked up to my dad as the all-knowing man who stole my heart since I was born. And although I have a new last name now, I'll always be his little girl (or boy he never had [laughing emoji]) #happyfathersday Would you like to share a little something for your dad? Check out the blog now for a free printable!Read More
You know that person who you CAN'T wait to tell about the person you just met, or the person you just broke up with... or all about the details of the wedding?! Or that person you don't have to speak one word to, but can bust up laughing at the same exact thing? They have many names, BFF, Bestie, Best, Partner-in-crime... you know, your best friend! Well, on #nationalbestfriendday I encourage you to tell your bestie how much they mean to you! I even created this adorbs card for you to print out for them. Go ahead, show your best some love! Download the card on the blog now! www.ritaalexisdesign.com/blogRead More
Happy National Donut Day! I have 2 favorites: Old Fashions and the Classic Chocolate with colorful sprinkles. They totally need to make chocolate old fashions with colorful sprinkles! Here are fun donut toppers for your donuts! Enjoy them on the blog today! #nationaldonutday www.ritaalexisdesign.com/blogRead More
Hola, mis amores! In honor of Cinco de Mayo (and half my ethnicity), go ahead and have a craft party with a little margaRITAs on the side! Most people do not know I am half Mexican, because my other ethnicity half (Filipino) is pretty dominant, however, I've always viewed myself as more Mexican and have been fascinated with the color, hospitality and vibrancy that the Mexican culture encompasses.
As a child, piñatas were always an icon of what I loved growing up (and kind of as an adult, if I'm being honest)--color and candy! I want you to have a fun and easy-to-create piñata card! Vamanos chiquitas (os) Follow along below:
SIDE NOTE: For a little historical education, Cinco de Mayo IS a Mexican holiday that commemorates the Battle of Puebla (victory over the French). So, let's celebrate the culture and not stereotype it, ok? K!
Here's what you'll need:
- Piñata Card Design (see link below)
- Cardstock to print on
- Streamers (I use red, white, green... cause Viva Mexico!)
- Fringe scissors (although not necessary)
- Glue (Elmer's Glue, Hot Glue Gun) or Tape (Double sided or the glue dots)
- Grab your cardstock and place it in the printer.
- Print out this design (see link below)
- Use your scissors to cut out the card.
- Keep the card flat, do not fold over yet.
- Now to the crafty part! Grab your streamers and cut them to the width of the card.
- Now cut the streamers in half vertically, so you'll have thin long stripes.
- Fringing time! If you have fringe scissors, it will go much fast and add some texture. If you don't, you'll just have to cut each fringe one-by-one. (Hint, double up the streamers)
- Now that you have your fringies ready, place them on the card as you please!
- When you're happy with the placement, bring out the glue or tape. Start at the top and make your way down. You're more than welcome to do the back of the card too!
- Fold over the card and MIRA! You have a piñata card!
Now grab your tequila filled margaRITA and brighten someone's day with this piñata card!